Partnering with the World N1 in Self-Service Laundry
We explain below how we analyze data from this website. Any links to external sites are out of our control and we encourage you to always read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Data Privacy Notice
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective from 25 May 2018, gives individuals in the European Union enhanced rights over the use of their personal data. Under the GDPR, we are required to give you certain information, including information about your rights, when you provide us with your personal data.
By navigating the Websites and/or using our product and services, you are giving us your consent to process your personal data for the purposes described below. This consent can be withdrawn at any time.
The personal and other data which we ask you to provide us with when requesting information about our products or services will be used only for the purposes of providing you with and improving those products and services. Certain of the data with which you provide us will be aggregated on an anonymized basis for statistical purposes to enable us to improve the content of the Websites and to ensure that advertising is relevant.
The types of data we collect
- A) Contact information – such as name, address, phone number, email address, and login information;
- B) Information about your purchase of products or services – such as product registration information, warranty information and enrollment status in services;
- C) Consumer satisfaction and feedback data – such as the results of customer satisfaction and feedback surveys;
- D) Data collected when you are visiting the Websites – such as data collected through cookies and other automatically collected data to provide you with customized access to our websites, or information that you provide us with when visiting the Websites (such as through contact forms etc.);
- E) Data identifying the appliance – such as PNC number, serial number, software version, MAC address, model, color etc.;
- F) Appliance usage data – such as how and when the appliance is being used (frequency and which cycles)
- G) Data generated by the appliance itself – such as operating data e.g. opening and closing of internal valves, heating circuit use and efficiency, motor power, activities driven by the appliance’s software in order to deliver the cycle/function chosen by you; efficiency data e.g. water consumption, energy consumption; situational Data e.g. conditions surrounding the appliance such as ambient temperature, air humidity, water hardness.
How we collect personal data
You may choose not to provide certain types of personal data to us. If you choose to do so, this may affect our ability to provide you with, and your ability to make use of, certain appliances and/or services or their functionalities and features. However, unless otherwise specified, your choice not to provide such information will not result in legal consequences for you.
Why we process your personal data and the legal basis for the processing
We may use your personal data for the following purposes (collectively “Processing Purposes”):
- from you or your representative when purchasing your product, registering your product, visiting the Websites, activating your account, ordering a service, participating in our campaigns, creating a product review or when downloading and using an application;
- from our retailers;
- from our third party service providers, suppliers and partners;
- from publicly available sources;
- from social media, e.g. Facebook if you choose to use Facebook to facilitate logging into our websites/ apps.
|Processing Purposes||Type(s) of personal data||Legal basis|
|To assist in the development, testing, enhancement and modifications of our products and services||Types C, E, F and G above||Legitimate interest to enhance and modify our products and services|
|In the event of a contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets and stock||Types A, B, C, D, E, F, and G above||Legitimate interest to facilitate and/or enable the contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets and stocks.|
|To send you marketing communications||Your contact information (type A above)||Legitimate interest to market our products and services or consent.|
|To enable functionality in accordance with the description of the appliance / service||Types A, E, F and G above||Fulfillment of contract|
|To provide you with products and services you have requested||Types A, B,C, D, E, F and G above||Fulfillment of contract|
|To provide you with administrative notices such as user guidance/ product safety notices relating to your appliance, service or account||Types A, B, E, F and G above||Fulfillment of contract or other legitimate purpose, such as to keep you informed about products, services or account|
|For troubleshooting and repairing purposes||Types A, B,E, F and G above||Fulfillment of contract|
|To communicate with you about your product, service or account and similar customer service related activities||Types A, B, C, D, E, F and G above||Fulfillment of contract or other legitimate purpose, such as to keep you informed about products, services or account|
|Internal business purposes, including security of networked machines, analytics, audit, and for our core operational activities||Types A, B, C, D, E, F and G above||Legitimate interest to facilitate and enable us to fulfill our internal business purposes.|
|To evaluate your feedback when you rate and review our products or services||Type A, B, C above||Legitimate interest of improving our products.|
|To manage and operate our websites and applications, including online registration of products and services||Types A, B, C, D, E, F and G above||Fulfillment of contract or other legitimate interest such as enhancing user experience.|
Where the processing activity is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The revocation of your consent will however not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Information that we share
For the Processing Purposes set out above, we may share or disclose your personal data:
- As required by law, to comply with legal process and/or to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- With Alliance companies;
- With service providers, distributors and suppliers trusted to provide services and appliances on our behalf;
- With a third party in the event of a contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets and stock;
- To enforce our terms and conditions; or
- To protect our rights.
When sharing personal data with a third party, Alliance requires that such third party agrees to protect and handle your personal data in accordance with all legal, regulatory and contractual obligations, or other instructions we provide to them.
Your choices regarding marketing and information
You have certain choices regarding how we use and share your personal data for marketing and similar purposes. Alliance may send you information about appliances, products, events and promotions. The communication may be sent via different channels: email, phone, SMS, post, or social networks. We would like to provide you with the best experience, therefore the communication might be tailored based on the data collected and your preferences.
Where required by law, we will obtain your prior consent before using your personal data for marketing and similar purposes. Where you have consented to receive marketing communications, you may withdraw your consent to marketing at any time. For example, you can unsubscribe from email messages by following the unsubscribe instructions within the email message or by going to your online account to update your marketing preferences.
If you choose not to receive marketing communications, your personal data may still be used for the other purposes described in this Data Privacy Notice, such as communicating with you for administrative or transaction purposes as part of the contractual relationship we have with you or where required by law.
Your rights under EU/EEA law
If you are located in the EU/EEA, or if your personal data is otherwise being processed by an Alliance entity within the EU/EEA, you have the following rights:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request rectification of your personal data;
- Request the erasure of your personal data;
- Restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Request that your personal data be provided in a format that can be transferred to you or another organization (portability);
- Object to the processing of your personal data; and Lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
If you have any questions regarding these rights, or if you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may do so in writing, by telephone, regular post or via email to the contact set forth in the section entitled “How to contact us” below.
Please note that exercising these rights may impact our ability to provide you with certain appliances, functionality or services.
Security of your personal data
Alliance will take appropriate technical and organizational measures in line with applicable data protection laws, including requiring our service providers, business partners or professional advisors to use appropriate measures to protect your personal data.
Storage of your personal data
We will store your personal data for as long as may be required by law, or as required under any contract. If there is no legal requirement, we will retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose/s for which it was collected.
As a global company, we may store your personal data in the European Union (EU) or in the European Economic Area (EEA) or other locations where we or our service providers and suppliers are located or have servers.
We may transfer your information between Alliance group companies or transfer information to our international third party service providers and suppliers acting on our behalf, for the purposes described in this Data Privacy Notice.
Specific information to citizens of the EU/EEA with regard to international transfers
Your information may be transferred to a country outside of the EU/EEA which may not provide the equivalent level of data protection as the EU/EEA. We provide appropriate safeguards and protections for such cross-border transfers as required by law.
How to contact us
The controller of your personal data is Alliance Laundry Systems LLC.
If you want to exercise your data subject rights or if you have any other questions concerning this Data Privacy Notice, please submit your request to email@example.com.
For your information, the Chief Compliance Officer’s contact information is:
Constance Oberle Geoghan
Chief Compliance Officer
Alliance Laundry Systems
15 West Montauk Highway #219
Hampton Bays, NY 11946 USA
Updates to this Data Privacy Notice
We may update this Data Privacy Notice. Any changes to this Data Privacy Notice will become effective as of the date it is published, or as otherwise required by law.
Last updated on: 10 October, 2018.